Our track record in the BVI
Our BVI team have advised on many firsts including;
- the IPO of the largest listed BVI company to date (Lenta Limited's US$ 1 billion listing on the Main Board of the London Stock Exchange and the Moscow Stock Exchange)
- the largest acquisition/disposal of a BVI company (Rosneft's US$ 55 billion acquisition of TNK-BP)
- the largest listed note issuance by a BVI issuer (Cemex's US$ 3 billion note issuance).
- the creation of the BVI's largest joint venture company (TNK-BP)
- the largest debt restructuring involving multiple BVI companies (UCR's US$ 18 billion global debt restructure)
- the first takeover of a BVI company by way of a Court approved plan of arrangement
- the largest receivership sale involving BVI companies (42 BVI property companies in a hotel chain receivership disposal)
Our team has a long-standing commitment to the jurisdiction and is independently sought out by governmental and public sector authorities to support and steer industry and regulatory best practice.
Why the BVI?
The BVI is a British overseas territory with a legal system based on English common law. Politically stable, the islands have established a thriving international business industry, recognised and ranked among the world’s top offshore jurisdictions.
As an international finance centre, BVI offers:
- an independent and robust Financial Services Commission acknowledged as a strong and sophisticated Regulator.
- an international platform with a global footprint where Government has created strong international trade and diplomatic relationships.