The “extremely talented” (Legal 500 2014) Sara Johns is a partner in Ogier's Jersey corporate and commercial team and co-heads its competition law practice. She also leads Ogier's multi-jurisdictional digital, IP and tech team and is a member of Digital Jersey’s Financial Services Advisory Group and the Jersey Chamber of Commerce digital sub-committee.
With nearly 25 years' experience as an M&A and equity capital markets lawyer, Sara regularly advises on headline international transactions involving Jersey entities. She also frequently advises local businesses, and those wishing to re-locate to Jersey, on a wide range of M&A, corporate and commercial matters (such as establishment and incorporation, joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, corporate governance, and commercial contracts), with a particular focus on the rapidly growing technology and digital sectors in the island.
Sara is also a contributing author for LexisNexis Legal Intelligence in relation to Jersey merger control developments.
Sara is a member of the Law Society of England & Wales and the Law Society of Jersey.
Sara graduated from Clare College, Cambridge in 1989 and qualified as an English solicitor in 1994. Having trained at Eversheds, she worked in the corporate teams at Clyde & Co and Squire Patton Boggs in London before returning to her native Jersey in 2003 and qualifying as a Jersey Advocate in 2006.
2006 - Jersey
1994 - England & Wales (not practising)
- Advising on the Jersey aspects of the acquisition of P3 Logistic Parks from TPG Real Estate and Ivanhoé Cambridge, the largest European real estate transaction of 2016.
- Advising on the establishment by Macquarie Capital and Greenergy of Navigator Terminals and on Navigator Terminals' acquisition of Royal Vopak NV's UK operating storage assets and Greenergy's North Tees storage assets to create the largest independent bulk liquid storage portfolio in the UK, together with Eurobond listing on the Cayman Stock Exchange.
- Assisted Aggregate Industries on the local corporate and competition law aspects of its sale of Ronez, a quarrying business operating in Jersey and Guernsey, to AIM listed SigmaRoc plc
- Acted for Tullow Oil plc on its US$300 million convertible bond issue and associated listing on the Channel Islands Securities Exchange.
- Provided Jersey competition law advice to Mondelez in connection with the acquisition by its subsidiary, Kraft Foods, of assets and rights related to Cadbury-branded products
- Provided Jersey competition law advice to Visa Inc. on its acquisition of Visa Europe
- Provided Jersey competition law advice to Caledonia Investments plc on its £118 million acquisition of The Liberation Group from LGV Capital
- Bidvest on its acquisition of Cimandis from private equity owned Sandpiper
- The lenders on the £122.6 million acquisition of Waterlogic
- AbbVie on its £32 billion recommended takeover offer for Shire
- Kentz Corporation on its £1.2 billion acquisition by SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. by means of a Jersey scheme of arrangement
- Energy Investments Global Ltd (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Al Mirqab Capital SPC) on its £924 million acquisition of Heritage Oil plc by means of a Jersey scheme of arrangement
- MySale Group plc on its £40 million listing on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange
- Boohoo.com plc on its £300 million listing on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange
- Cazenove Capital Holdings Limited on its £424 million recommended takeover by Schroders plc by means of a Jersey scheme of arrangement
- Waitrose on its entry into the Channel Islands by means of the acquisition of five supermarkets in Jersey and Guernsey from the Sandpiper CI Group.