A team from Ogier's Jersey office has advised Realstar Group, the Canadian real estate investment and management company, on the £600 million sale of a majority stake in a UK rental housing portfolio to QuadReal Property Group, investing on behalf of the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation.
"Having been involved in the acquisition and development of various properties in the portfolio, it's exciting to see the rental housing sector grow and thrive and the real success of the UNCLE brand." said Ogier partner Richard Daggett.
The portfolio comprises eight build-to-rent and student accommodation properties located in London and Manchester, some of which are managed under Realstar's UNCLE brand. Realstar will continue to manage the portfolio under joint venture arrangements with QuadReal.
The Ogier team, which advised on both corporate and financing elements of the transaction, was led by partner Richard Daggett, assisted by senior associate Amy Garrod and associates Alex Fisher and Marcela Tudose. Ogier worked closely alongside lead English counsel Macfarlanes in relation to the transaction.
"It has been a pleasure to assist our long-standing client Realstar on such a significant transaction," Richard said. "We wish Realstar and QuadReal every success as they continue their partnership."
- Banking Disputes
- Corporate and Financial Services Disputes
- Enforcement of Judgments and Awards
- Fraud and Asset-tracing
- Funds Disputes
- International Arbitration
- Restructuring and Corporate Recovery
- Section 238 Shareholder Appraisal Rights
- Shareholder and Valuation Disputes
- Trusts Disputes and Applications
Local Legal Services
- Cayman Islands Local Legal Services
- Channel Islands Local Legal Services
- Employment Law
- Guernsey Wills portal
- Jersey Wills portal
- Jersey Lasting Power of Attorney portal
- Notary Public Services
- Offshore relocations - relocating your business
- Offshore relocations - relocating your family
- Property law
- Wills, Probate and Estate Planning
- News & Publications
- Online Services
- With over 900 employees in 12 locations Ogier provides multi-jurisdictional legal advice across all time zones.
- We get straight to the point, managing complexity to get to the essentials. Our global network of offices covers every time zone. We are the only law firm to advise on BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Irish, Jersey and Luxembourg law.