Dan is part of Ogier's multi-disciplinary Restructuring & Corporate Recovery team. He specialises in corporate restructuring and reorganisation, investor and shareholder rights/actions and formal insolvency procedures, with experience in member and creditor schemes of arrangement. His recent achievements include working on the first ever 'soft touch' provisional liquidation in the BVI and a groundbreaking BVI scheme of arrangement for a debt restructuring, which showcase the BVI as a jurisdiction in which to conduct complex cross-border restructurings.
Dan has a broad range of experience having represented clients in some of the BVI's most complex, leading and novel commercial and insolvency disputes since 2012. Dan has appeared in and regularly supports leading Counsel in the High Court in both the Commercial and Civil divisions.
Dan's day-to-day files are regularly cross border in nature and include:
- shareholder's disputes (derivatives action/unfair prejudice claims);
- interim relief (such as 'black swan' injunctions and Norwich Pharmacal Orders);
- forum disputes
- appointing or representing liquidators in Court, often on an urgent basis.
Recent work that Dan has been involved in include:
- representing the liquidators of various BVI Fairfield entities (relating to Bernard Madoff's multi billion dollar fraud)
- advising the General Partner of a BVI Limited Partnership and acting in litigation arising out of a number of BVI Limited Partnerships
- representing a BVI company who are appealing an arbitration award in the Privy Council
2012 - British Virgin Islands
2011 - England & Wales (non practising)