The German-speaking team is led by Counsel Frederic Pilorget, a native German-speaker whose extensive Luxembourg and international experience includes admission to the New York, Luxembourg and Paris Bars. Frederic has advised for more than a decade in Luxembourg on international investment structures and leads a dedicated corporate team. Partner Fabien Debroise leads the Germany-focused banking & finance practice.
Our German team advises clients on:
- European closed-ended alternative funds in the private equity, venture, debt, real estate and infrastructure sectors
- EU portfolio acquisition, finance and holding structures
- International investment structures
- Institutional corporate financing
- Securitisation vehicles
- UCITs and Specialised Investment Funds for complex, alternative funds with hedge strategies
Luxembourg has strong and long-established links with Germany that account for significant levels of multi-jurisdictional business activity, particularly in the area of pan-European financial services where Luxembourg's tax and regulatory legislative framework is closely aligned to German market norms.
Ogier Luxembourg's German desk combines Luxembourg's recognised concentration of professional infrastructure and Ogier's award-winning client service delivery with fluent professional German language skills. German managers have constituted the largest cross-border, Continental European initiators of Luxembourg private equity funds consistently since 2007.