Nick is the Practice Partner of Ogier in Hong Kong. Nick joined Ogier in January 2006 from Slaughter and May, London where he practiced as a corporate M&A lawyer. He subsequently founded Ogier's Hong Kong office in February 2007. Nick's primary focus has since been on building Ogier's now significant Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands investment funds and venture capital practice in Asia. He acts for a wide variety of Asian fund managers in the private equity, long only and hedge fund space. His clients represent some of the more sophisticated and respected fund managers in Asia. Nick has been recognised in a number of directory listings:
- Euromoney's Expert Guides in the first (2010) and second (2014) editions - World's Leading Investment Funds Lawyer
- Chambers Asia-Pacific (2012 - 2015)
- Who's Who Private Funds Lawyer (2012)
- Asialaw Leading Lawyer (2013)
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2013 - 2015)
- IFLR1000 (2014 and 2015) - Investment Funds Leading Lawyer
- Asian Legal Business (2016 and 2017) - Top 10 Offshore Lawyers in Hong Kong
Nick received his Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (Asian Economic History (First Class)) from the University of Auckland.
Nick is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, the British Virgin Islands and New Zealand and is also a Registered Foreign Lawyer regulated by the Law Society of Hong Kong.
1998 - New Zealand
2006 - British Virgin Islands
2006 - England and Wales (non practising)