Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility


Big things are happening at Ogier. Change is embedded in everything we do. It is redefining our talent, our ways of working, our platforms of delivery, our culture.



We have the expertise to handle the most demanding transactions. Our commercial understanding and experience of working with leading financial institutions, professional advisers and regulatory bodies means we add real value to clients’ businesses.

View all services

Business Services Team

View all Business Services Team


Our sector approach relies on smart collaboration between teams who have a deep understanding of related businesses and industry dynamics. The specific combination of our highly informed experts helps our clients to see around corners.

View all sectors


Ogier provides practical advice on BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Irish, Jersey and Luxembourg law through our global network of offices across the Asian, Caribbean and European timezones. Ogier is the only firm to advise on this unique combination of laws.

News and insights

Keep up to date with industry insights, analysis and reviews. Find out about the work of our expert teams and subscribe to receive our newsletters straight to your inbox.

Fresh thinking, sharper opinion.

About us

We get straight to the point, managing complexity to get to the essentials. Our global network of offices covers every time zone. 

No Content Set

Ogier advises Etablissements Maurel et Prom SA in completed £61.7 million acquisition of Wentworth Resources


18 January 2024


1 min read

Ogier has provided Jersey legal advice to Etablissements Maurel et Prom SA (M&P), a French independent oil and gas company listed on Euronext Paris, on its successful £61.7 million acquisition of Wentworth Resources PLC.

Wentworth is an independent Tanzania-focused natural gas production company. Advising alongside Herbert Smith Freehills in London, Paris and Johannesburg, the acquisition was implemented by way of a Jersey scheme of arrangement.

As a result of the completed transaction, M&P's working interest in the Mnazi Bay asset has increased from 48.06% to 80%, while Tanzania Petroleum Development Cooperation (TPDC) holds the remaining 20%. TPDC, as per the agreement signed with M&P, will now have one month to exercise its call option to increase its stake from 20% to 40%. The resulting working interests in the asset would then be 60% for M&P and 40% for TPDC.

Corporate partners Simon Dinning and Alexander Curry, senior associate Chloe Watson-Hill and associate Alex Vibert advised on the corporate aspects of the deal, and partner James Angus and senior associate Ralph-Spencer Tucker, from Ogier's Dispute Resolution team, advised on the elements involving Jersey's Royal Court.

Ogier's Energy and Natural Resources team brings together specialists from across the firm to provide full-service solutions to clients in the conventional power and renewables space, as well as those in natural resources exploration, mining, production and product delivery.


No Content Set