Background and experience
Previously a consultant at the firm, Laura has over 12 years of legal experience. She spent the early part of her career and training in both London and New York, working across a variety of finance transactions but with a particular focus on structured finance instructions such as securitisations, receivables-based lending, capital markets and derivatives. She also undertook a secondment at a large commercial bank where she worked closely with the legal and business teams.
After moving to Dublin in 2013, Laura joined another large Irish firm where she was part of the banking team acting on a broad range of transactions for both domestic and international clients. Her experience includes acting for financial institutions, non-bank lenders and asset managers, as well as borrowers, on a range of transactions including secured term and revolving loan facilities, real estate and development financings, structured financings including trade receivables and invoice discounting transactions and fund financings.
- Advising a large Irish bank on its SME lending portfolio – including real estate backed transactions, sale purchase financings and secured balance sheet lending
- Acting for an Irish non-bank lender on its short-term secured lending transactions
- Advising a US lender on its subscription facilities to a global fund with sub-funds located in Ireland
- Advising a bank syndicate on the €750 million refinancing of a large retail complex
- Acting for a global corporation on the refinancing of its credit facilities
- Advising a large national construction and development company in relation to their acquisition and development financings
- Acting for the purchaser of a large scale loan sale consisting of Irish originated commercial real estate loans with underlying collateral located across the globe and a loan balance of circa €9.3 billion