Shaun's recent cases include:
- Representing dissenting shareholders in multiple section 238 shareholder appraisal proceedings (including eHi Car, JA Solar, iKang Healthcare Group, Xiaodu, Zhaopin and E-Commerce China Dangdang).
- Acting for the executors of an estate worth over US$75 million in relation to numerous issues arising in its administration, including bringing an application to determine the will's proper construction and advising on the potential liability of the executor personally.
- Advising trustees as to competing claims being asserted against trust assets and allegations of improper distributions being made by beneficiaries.
- Representing the court appointed guardian of an incapacitated settlor and beneficiary in cross-jurisdictional proceedings challenging the trust's validity.
- Implementing the multi-award winning privatisation of Taiwan Cement Corporation through the use of a Cayman Islands scheme of arrangement.
- Contesting supervision orders appointing official liquidators over solvent investment funds on the basis that such orders would not facilitate a more effective, economic or expeditious liquidation.
- Challenging an order obtained by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (acting at the request of an Australian regulator) for the disclosure of information in support of an investigation into market manipulation.
- Obtaining common law recognition and assistance to liquidators appointed by the High Court of Hong Kong over a Cayman Islands company in circumstances where there were no parallel insolvency proceedings in Cayman.
- Advising the Joint Provisional Liquidators on the restructuring of Ocean Rig - the Cayman Islands' largest ever successful restructuring and one of the largest globally, resulting in an exchange by creditors of approximately US$3.7 billion of debt for new equity
Shaun re-joined Ogier's Jersey office in 2019 after working for several years in the firm's Cayman office. Before joining Ogier in 2011, Shaun worked at a specialist commercial litigation firm in New Zealand where he was admitted as a barrister and solicitor in 2007.
Shaun has had articles published in many leading publications and is recognised in both the Citywealth Leaders List and Legal 500.
2016 - Cayman Islands
2007 – New Zealand (non practicing)