To help our clients meet their obligations under the AML Regulations, Ogier Global can offer our clients qualified, experienced and highly responsive individuals to act as AML Officers (AMLCO, MLRO and Deputy MLRO). Our AML officers focus on providing the highest level of personal service, working collaboratively with clients and Ogier's cross-jurisdictional legal and administration teams to add real value to your business.
Cayman Islands financial institutions are required to ensure that their staff and senior management receive proper training on the AML, CFT and PF risk facing their business. Ogier Global can deliver tailored AML training to ensure full regulatory compliance of operations. Get in touch with our team to find out more.
Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI)
Ogier Global has a dedicated team of professionals who can support entities in complying with their Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) obligations including US FACTA and CRS. Our services include:
- Registering each entity deemed to be a financial institution with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to obtain a Global Identification Number (GIIN)
- Submitting the required notification to the requisite Tax Information Authority
- Acting as the principal point of contact (PPOC) and acting as authorising person (AP)
- Submitting required notifications and acting as point of contact and/or authorising person or equivalent with the competent tax authority
To supplement our registered office offering, it may be beneficial (particularly in the cases where fund accounting is being undertaken in-house or where the fund administrator is not in a position to assist on Cayman regulatory matters) for clients to elect to delegate certain obligations under the AEOI and AML regimes of the Cayman Islands to Ogier Global.
Our responsive and experienced team of compliance specialists, chartered company secretaries and administrators deliver quick and efficient services including:
- Undertaking client due diligence in accordance with the AML Regime of the Cayman Islands
- Conducting AEOI due diligence on each investor to identify the tax residency and to determine whether the interest held constitutes a reportable account under the tax residency rules.
Read more about our Investor services here.
For clients that need to establish and demonstrate economic substance, Ogier Global can provide support services including local resident directors, board support, physical presence, and administrative support, including a packaged service for special case entities capable of carrying on core income generating activities (CIGA) at the Board level and suited to a moderate presence on the islands. For entities suited to more enhanced presence, we provide local support in obtaining trade licences, work permits, premises, service providers or dedicated human resources.
Ogier Global can assist clients in obtaining an International Securities Identification Number (ISIN), a code that uniquely identifies a specific securities issue.
Ogier Global can assist clients in obtaining and renewing Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) Codes which are often required to identify parties to financial transactions.