No Content Set
Due diligence requirements for private companies
For private companies, we will need to collect the following documents:
- Formation document (e.g. Certificate of Incorporation)
- Director and Shareholder information (e.g. Register of Directors, Register of Members, Certificate of Incumbency issued within recent three months)
- Constitutional document (e.g. Memorandum and articles of association)
A structure chart including each intermediary layer(s) up to ultimate beneficial owner level, being confirmed by one of the below:
- Director of the company
- Company secretary
- Authorised signatory of the company
- An advisor to the company (e.g. legal counsel, accountant, tax advisor, administrator, etc).
Ownership and control
CDD documents are required for the below parties:
- Direct owners – all shareholders with a direct equity interest of 10%* or more.
- Direct controllers – all directors.
- Ultimate owners – parties with an ultimate equity interest of 10%* or more (e.g. individuals or regulated/listed entities sitting above the direct owners).
- Ultimate controllers – parties able to exercise control (e.g. individual directors of a corporate director).
- Intermediate parties – any other parties sitting between direct owners/controllers and the ultimate owners/controllers.
Ultimate Owners/Controllers*Under the anti-money laundering regulations for Jersey, Guernsey, Luxembourg and UK, the threshold is 25%; and for all other jurisdictions is 10%. Please refer to our original e-mail request to see which jurisdictional rules apply.
The above mentioned should be submitted to us via one of the following methods:
Visit a suitable certifier with photo ID and proof of address. The certifier will take copies, add an attestation and sign to certify that they are true and accurate copies of the original documents. You may either send the certified copy to us via email or post it to one of our offices.
Use our secure mobile ID app to provide all your details and verification evidence via your mobile phone in just a few minutes. Just open this link on your mobile to download the app and get started.
Drop into any of our offices during normal working hours with photo ID and proof of address. Our staff will take copies whilst you wait and you will be back on your way within just a few minutes.
Sign up to receive updates and newsletters from us.Sign up