Our track record
Our Jersey team has advised on many market leading deals including:
- Ogier provided Jersey law advice on the acquisition by Luxembourg-based satellite operator and provider SES S.A. of a controlling stake in “game changing” satellite operator O3b. SES will consolidate O3b’s net debt of USD 1.2 billion
- Assisted in advising US infrastructure investor Global Infrastructure Partners on its sale of London City Airport to a consortium of buyers comprising Ontario Teachers’ Pensions Plan Board, Alberta Investment Management Corporation, Borealis Infrastructure and Wren House Infrastructure.
- Advised an independent investor group led by the Sarikhani and Nielsen families on their acquisition of Barclays Bank plc’s offshore trust and fiduciary businesses in Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Cayman Islands, Singapore and Switzerland.
- Assisted in advising Elian on matters of Guernsey, Jersey, BVI and Cayman law in respect of the sale by management and Electra Partners LLP to Intertrust for a total consideration of £435 million.
We are highly ranked by the two leading legal directories, Chambers and Legal 500, and the market routinely gives us many prestigious industry awards including:
- Offshore Law Firm of the Year 2016 - Chambers Europe
- Offshore Law Firm of the Year 2016 - Alpha Awards 2016
- Debt & Equity-linked Deal of the Year - IFLR Asia Awards 2016
- International Legal Team of the Year 2015 - STEP
- Offshore Law Firm of the Year 2015 - The Lawyer
Jersey is one of the world's major international offshore finance centres, offering the combination of stability, reliability and expertise that has kept it at the forefront of global finance and corporate solutions for almost half a century.
Jersey's financial authorities encourage high-quality business to the island. This, combined with a sophisticated and comprehensive infrastructure of laws and regulations, promotes investor confidence and value. All of its banks are top 500, and it attracts clients from more than 200 countries.
Jersey's status as a Crown Dependency gives the island constitutional rights of self-government and judicial independence. This offers both businesses and investors the benefits of an independent international finance centre which is close to the major financial centres in Europe and the UK.
As an international finance centre, Jersey offers:
- Long-term economic and political stability
- A flexible, independently endorsed regulatory framework designed to provide appropriate levels of supervision
- A tax-neutral location
- A mature and well-respected commercial legal system based on English law principles
- G20 white list approved jurisdiction and an associate member of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- A competitive position: Jersey is the only jurisdiction ranked in the top-20 financial centres by the 2010 Global Financial Centres Index