"a pleasure to work with, making any project an enjoyable experience… knowledgeable about their subject matter, but are extremely pragmatic in its application which has facilitated complex transactions in a short timeframe in our experience…particularly impressive in their responsiveness and ability to stay calm and organised in complex situations…"
Client feedback, 2023
Oisín has a very broad corporate practice and his clients include investors in and promoters of technology companies, private equity clients, international and domestic energy developers, generators and utilities, and various clients in the supply chain for the technology, manufacturing and pharma industries. Oisín is an M&A specialist who also advises on joint ventures, investment rounds, foreign direct investment, private equity transactions and corporate reorganisations and governance.
Background and experience
Before re-joining Ogier in 2023, Oisín was a partner at Pinsent Masons. He previously worked with Ogier from 2011 to 2013.
Oisín is a recommended lawyer for Corporate, Commercial and M&A in Legal500 EMEA and is noted for energy and technology deals and acting at the intersection between the two industries.
Oisín's recent work includes*:
- Advised Europe's largest generator of renewable energy, Statkraft, on the sale of a 50% interest in its Irish portfolio of development stage wind farm projects to Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
- Advised materials handling suppliers, Briggs Equipment, on the acquisition of Galway Plant and Tool Hire and on the acquisition of Blulift, one of Ireland's leading regional providers of powered access equipment
- Part of the team that advised US investor, Cathexis, on the acquisition of Jones Engineering
- Advised synthetic fraud technology company, Urbanfox, on a funding round from JetBlue, MiddleGame Ventures and others
- Advised a world-leading specialist in software for telecom and cybersecurity, Enea, on the acquisition of AdaptiveMobile, a mobile threat defence and intelligence business
- Advised private equity investor, Synova, on its investment into financial services provider, Doran + Minehane
- Advised Europe's largest publicly-listed cannabis company, Synbiotic SE, on the acquisition of a minority interest in Greenlight Medicines
- Advised a range of private equity funds on Irish acquisitions and bolt ons
- Frequently advise on foreign direct investment into Ireland
- Advised Irish renewable energy company, NTR, on the acquisition of a solar and battery storage portfolio
- Advised French multinational electric utility company, EDF, on the acquisition of a 50% interest in Codling Wind Park
- Advised Julius Baer on the acquisition of Irish regulated entity, Three Rock Capital Management
- Advised private equity investor, Scottish Equity Partners, on the Irish elements of the sale of an operational renewable energy portfolio
- Advised solar developer, Obton, on the acquisition of a range of development stage PV solar parks
- Advised international healthcare and communications group, Huntsworth, on the acquisition of Kyne Communications
- Advised electricity and gas provider, Energia, on various onshore wind project acquisitions
- Advised on a number of shareholder disputes and corporate governance matters
- Advised a minority shareholder in an Irish toll road concession on the sale by the majority shareholders
- Advised health care business, BUPA, on a number of Irish dental acquisitions
- Advised the management of Irish secure logistics company, GSLS, on its sale from Carlyle Cardinal to Star Capital
Other Relevant Experience*
- Advised technology companies at all stages and investors with respect to investment rounds
- Point person advising a US headquartered drinks manufacturer on establishment in Ireland and European reorganisation
- Provided the Irish advice on the global restructuring of an international labelling provider
- Advised one of Europe’s largest asset managers on Irish corporate governance issues
- Acted for a shareholder on the sale of a minority interest in a toll road operator
- Advised on the sale of BookAssist, an industry leader in hotel booking and distribution software and online strategy, to Jonas Software
- Advised the owners of Cashin Print (a Mayo based manufacturer of packing to the pharmaceutical industry) on its sale to MCC
- Advised on the sale of Suir Pharma Ireland (a Tipperary based generic pharmaceutical maker)
- Advised the owners of Irish headquartered fire damper specialist, Safegard Systems, on its sale
- Advised the shareholders of GSLS, a national cash in transit business, on an investment from Carlyle Cardinal
- Advised on the sale of Merrion Fleet, Ireland’s second largest leasing and fleet management company, to ALD, a Société Générale entity
- Initiafy, advised on investment rounds for an online contractor management platform for enterprises operating in the construction, energy, manufacturing, retail and events sectors
- Acted for Nexvet Biopharma plc, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on companion animals, in relation to the successful closing of its fully underwritten $40million initial public offering on the NASDAQ Global Market
- Part of a team advising Nexvet in relation to a complex corporate re-organisation whereby Nexvet Biopharma plc became the parent company of Nexvet Australia Pty Ltd
- Advised Clavis Insight, the industry leader in ecommerce store analytics for global consumer brands, on a $20million equity investment from private equity firm Accel-KKR and other existing investors
- Advised the shareholders of Joule Group, the industry leader in the manufacture and installation of renewable heating and hot water systems, on the sale of a majority holding to Inventum
*Work carried out at previous firms.
2010 - Ireland
2010 - England & Wales (non practising)
No Content Set
No Content Set
"Your pragmatism and willingness to get things done – particularly given the tight timelines – was refreshing and very much appreciated"
"Because we were dealing with multiple jurisdictions, the process [on the acquisition of our company] was complicated and detailed and required considerable coordination ability. […]. No issue, no matter how small, was left unresolved and the quality of what was delivered was clear to all in the ultimately successful process"
"In my experience most corporate lawyers like to believe they are ‘commercial’ and yet this rarely seems to translate into tangible progress on a sensible timeframe. In contrast, your pragmatism and willingness to get things done – particularly given the tight timelines – was refreshing and very much appreciated"
"Oisín McLoughlin demonstrated good business acumen and provided commercially focused and practical advice. He came up with solutions even for unforeseen problems and unexpected pushbacks from the sale side. He did very well"