Richard's recent work includes:
- Advises London and Boston based investment manager group in respect of all Cayman Islands legal matters relating to the establishment and ongoing operation of their suite of open and closed ended investment fund structures.
- Advising London based infrastructure investment manager in relation to Cayman Islands and BVI legal matters including bid-vehicle structuring and target due diligence review.
- Advised an Asian based proprietary investment family office group on the establishment and launch of their first third-party money closed ended fund.
- Advising fund manager targeting Chinese technology sector in respect of Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands laws in relation to their headline Private Equity Fund and multiple private pooling and co-investment vehicles.
- Acts for a Japanese focussed investment group providing ongoing support to their fund structure and in negotiating investor specific terms.
He also acts for company or shareholder groups in relation to the drafting and negotiation of shareholder agreements and related documents, and acts in relation to a number of financing transactions including capital call bridge facilities and the establishment of a Cayman holding structure to allow the creation of an enforceable security package.
Richard's practice primarily involves work across a range of issues for investment funds, particularly private equity and hedge fund clients, including work on licensing, fund structuring and restructuring and financing arrangements under the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey. Richard also advises across a range of corporate, finance and private wealth matters.
Richard is recommended in the 2014 edition of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific. Richard is a Registered Foreign Lawyer regulated by the Law Society of Hong Kong.
Prior to joining Ogier in 2011, Richard completed his training with Hogan Lovells LLP in London and latterly worked for the UK Financial Services Authority (now the Financial Conduct Authority). He graduated from the University of Oxford, completed his graduate diploma in law at Oxford Brookes University and the LPC at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice.
Richard is a Registered Foreign Lawyer regulated by the Law Society of Hong Kong.
2019 - Luxembourg, Liste IV
2007 - England and Wales