Richard's recent work includes advising:
- UK/US investment manager group in respect of all Cayman Islands legal matters relating to its suite of open and closed ended investment fund structures, including fund establishment and financing.
- London based infrastructure investment manager in relation to investment due diligence.
- UK venture capital structure on ongoing fund establishment, regulatory compliance and structuring.
- Multiple Asia based family office groups on the establishment of third-party money private equity funds and liquid asset funds.
- China focussed VC and technology manager on establishment of their private equity funds, long listed fund and pooled investment vehicles.
- Japan focussed investment manager in relation to its listed equity funds.
- Developer of a sustainable aquaculture business in relation to their fund structure.
Richard advises across a range of issues for investment structures including work on licensing and regulatory advice, fund structuring and restructuring, managed account arrangements and financing arrangements under the laws of the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands. Richard also advises more broadly in relation to corporate, finance and private wealth matters, including work in relation to investment and divestment activities, shareholder agreements, security arrangements and family office and "fund of one" structures. Richard is part of Ogier's multi-disciplinary Private Equity team and also its Sustainable and Impact Investment team.
Prior to joining Ogier in 2011, Richard completed his training with Hogan Lovells LLP in London and latterly worked for the UK Financial Services Authority (now the Financial Conduct Authority). He graduated from the University of Oxford, completed his graduate diploma in law at Oxford Brookes University and the LPC at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice.
Richard is a Registered Foreign Lawyer regulated by the Law Society of Hong Kong.
2007 - England and Wales