Background and experience
Shane joined Ogier’s Dispute Resolution practice in 2022. His practice focuses on complex and cross-border corporate insolvencies, as well as commercial litigation and trusts litigation. Shane has particular experience in the winding up of BVI companies and in the areas of anti-suit injunctions and freezing inunctions. Shane is a Fellow of INSOL International.
Shane was in private practice at the Bar of Ireland until 2019 when he joined a boutique litigation firm in the British Virgin Islands. In the BVI, Shane worked on one of the largest and most complex pieces of litigation then in progress in the Commercial Court. Shane has worked on various cases which have generated important first instance and appellate precedents in the British Virgin Islands, in areas such as company law, trusts law and civil procedure.
Shane's recent work include:
- Acting for the joint liquidators of Unigroup International Holdings Ltd ("UIH") and Tsinghua Unigroup International Co. Ltd ("TUI"). UIH and TUI are both companies incorporated in the BVI.
- Acting for the Joint Liquidators (the "JLs") of Three Arrows Capital Limited ("3AC"), one of the most prominent cryptocurrency hedge funds. On 27 June 2022 the BVI Court appointed Teneo as JLs of 3AC. Since the JLs' appointment, 3AC
has obtained Chapter 15 bankruptcy protection in the United States and the JLs have been recognised in Singapore, Canada and the Seychelles.
- Advising the BVI subsidiary of a PRC manufacturing group on the restructuring of its debts through a Scheme of Arrangement.
- Fellow of INSOL International
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Specialists Association
- BVI Bar Association
- Hon. Society of Inner Temple
- Hon. Society of King's Inns
2014 - Ireland (non-practising) 爱尔兰（非执业）
2019 - Northern Ireland (non-practising) 北爱尔兰（非执业）
2019 - England & Wales (Inner Temple) (non-practising) 英格兰和威尔士（内殿）（非执业）
2019 – British Virgin Islands英属维尔京群岛