Florence Chan has extensive experience in advising a wide range of corporate finance transactions, including initial public offerings on Hong Kong, Taiwan, London and United States stock exchanges, pre-IPO investments, mergers and acquisitions, take-private transactions, private equity and general corporate matters. She is also well experienced with providing offshore legal advice for United States SPAC listings. Florence is part of Ogier's multi-disciplinary Private Equity team, specialising in downstream corporate advice such as acquisitions, investments and exits.
Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, Florence is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand. Before joining Ogier in 2012, Florence trained and worked as a corporate associate with Linklaters.
Florence received her Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce in 2005 from The University of Melbourne, Australia. Florence is recommended in the 2014 edition of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Florence is a Registered Foreign Lawyer regulated by the Law Society of Hong Kong.
Key transactions include advising:
- DCP Capital Partners, Ocean Link Partners Limited and Mr. Rick Yan, the investor consortium, as Cayman counsel in connection with its take private by 51jobs, Inc. at approximately US$5.7 billion.
- JOYY Inc. as Cayman Islands counsel on the sale of its YY Live live-streaming business for China to Baidu Inc for approximately US$3.6 billion.
- DouYu International Holdings Limited as Cayman counsel with its US$10 billion merger with Huya Inc.
- Ruhnn Holding Limited as Cayman counsel in connection with US$125 million initial public offering on NASDAQ, and the subsequent take-private by its three founders valued at approximately US$170 million.
- Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd., as Cayman Islands and BVI counsel, in connection with its participation in the take private consortium to acquire all of the issued H Shares of Dalian Wanda Commercial Property Limited, a PRC company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, for US$4.4 billion.
- The innovative and award-winning Taiwan Cement Corporation's privatisation of TCC International Holdings Limited, structured through a Cayman Islands scheme of arrangement
- HHG Capital Corporation as BVI counsel in connection with its US$57.5 million SPAC initial public offering on NASDAQ
- Nova Vision Acquisition Corp as BVI counsel in connection with its US$57.5 million SPAC initial public offering on NASDAQ
2010 - Hong Kong (not practising)
2012 - New South Wales, Australia (not practising)
2012 - Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia (not practising)
2012 - New Zealand
陈婉殷律师 (Florence)的执业领域涵盖各种企业融资交易，尤其集中于首次公开发行（包括香港、台湾地区、伦敦及美国证券交易所等）、上市前新股认购投资、并购和收购、私募股权投资和一般公司及商业事务等项目提供法律服务。Florence 亦有就特殊目的收购公司(SPAC)在美国上市提供离岸法律意见相关的丰富经验。Florence也是奥杰跨范畴私募股权团队的成员，尤其擅长就下游公司业务事宜(包括收购、投资和融资)提供法律服务。
Florence 于2005年获得澳大利亞墨尔本大学的法学学士（荣誉毕业）和商业双学士学位。陈律师获法律杂志《The Legal 500 Asia Pacific》（2014年版本）的推荐。
- 为由德弘资本（DCP）、鸥翎投资（Ocean Link）和前程无忧CEO甄荣辉先生组成的买方财团与前程无忧(51job, Inc.）就前程无忧价值约 57亿美元私有化提供开曼法律意见
- 为美国纳斯达克上市公司欢聚集团（JOYY Inc.）担任开曼群岛法律顾问，协助其以约36亿美元价格向百度出售其中国的YY 直播业务
- 为美国纳斯达克上市公司斗鱼（DouYu International Holdings Limited）与虎牙（HUYA Inc.）100 亿美元之合并提供开曼法律意见
- 为如涵控股有限公司（Ruhnn Holding Limited）在纳斯达克1.25 亿美元美国存托股份之首次公开发行以及随后其三位创始人约 1.7亿美元私有化项目提供开曼法律意见
- 为台湾水泥股份有限公司及其全资子公司TCC International Limited以开曼协议计划私有化台泥國際集團有限公司项目提供开曼法律意见
- 为HHG Capital Corporation 特殊目的收购公司在纳斯达克5750 万美元首次公开招股项目提供BVI法律意见
- 为Nova Vision Acquisition Corp 特殊目的收购公司在纳斯达克5750 万美元首次公开招股项目提供BVI法律意见