Florence Chan has extensive experience in advising a wide range of corporate finance transactions, including initial public offerings on Hong Kong, Taiwan, London and United States stock exchanges, pre-IPO investments, mergers and acquisitions, take-private transactions, private equity and general corporate matters. She is also well experienced with providing offshore legal advice for United States SPAC listings. Florence is part of Ogier's multi-disciplinary Private Equity team, specialising in downstream corporate advice such as acquisitions, investments and exits.
Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, Florence is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand. Before joining Ogier in 2012, Florence trained and worked as a corporate associate with Linklaters.
Florence received her Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce in 2005 from The University of Melbourne, Australia. Florence is recommended in the 2014 edition of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Florence is a Registered Foreign Lawyer regulated by the Law Society of Hong Kong.
Key transactions include advising:
- RRJ Capital, as Cayman counsel, its recapitalization buy-out merger of Singapore-based Fullerton Healthcare Corporation Limited, which was effected by way of a Cayman Islands statutory merger.
- DCP Capital Partners, Ocean Link Partners Limited and Mr Rick Yan, the investor consortium, as Cayman counsel in connection with its take private by 51jobs, Inc at approximately US$5.7 billion.
- One of the investors on its investment into RVAC Medicines Pte. Ltd, an emerging messenger RNA (mRNA) platform company incubated in Singapore, on the Cayman aspects of RVAC's series B financing which raised a total fund of US$140 million.
- JOYY Inc as Cayman counsel on the sale of its YY Live live-streaming business for China to Baidu Inc for approximately US$3.6 billion.
- DouYu International Holdings Limited as Cayman counsel with its US$10 billion merger with Huya Inc.
- Ruhnn Holding Limited as Cayman counsel in connection with the take-private by its three founders valued at approximately US$170 million.
- Virax Biolabs Group Limited, a UK based provider of diagnostic test, PPE and test kits for COVID, as Cayman counsel in connection with the IPO on the Nasdaq Capital Market (NASDAQ: VRAX).
- Meihua International Medical Technologies Co Ltd, a reputable manufacturer and provider of Class I, II, and III disposable medical devices with operating subsidiaries in China, as Cayman counsel in connection with its IPO on the Nasdaq Capital Market (NASDAQ: MHUA).
- Bon Natural Life Limited as Cayman counsel in connection with the IPO on NASDAQ. Bon Natural Life Limited is one of the leading bioingredient solutions providers in the natural, health and personal care industries (NASDAQ: BON).
- Elite Education Group International Limited, a provider of comprehensive, one-stop education solutions for Chinese university students interested in study abroad programs in the US and other countries, as BVI legal advisor in connection with the IPO on NASDAQ (NASDAQ: EEIQ).
- Huadi International Group Co. Ltd, a leading developer and manufacturer of industrial stainless steel seamless pipes and tubes products in China, as Cayman counsel in connection with the IPO on NASDAQ in February 2021 (NASDAQ: HUDI).
US SPAC listings
- TenX Keane Acquisition as Cayman counsel on its IPO of 6,600,000 units which raised US$66 million after the units were listed on NASDAQ Global Market.
- Kairous Acquisition Corp Limited as Cayman counsel in connection with its IPO of 7,500,000 units which raised US$75 million after the units were listed on NASDAQ Capital Market.
- HHG Capital Corporation as BVI legal advisor in connection with its IPO of 5,750,000 units, including the full exercise of the underwriters' overallotment option. The units were listed on NASDAQ Capital Market.
- Nova Vision Acquisition Corp as BVI legal advisor on its IPO of 5,750,000 units, which raised US$57.5 million after the units were listed on NASDAQ Capital Market. Nova Vision Acquisition Corp intends to combine with a data-driven business in proptech, fintech, consumer tech, or supply chain management industries that has business operations in Asia.
2010 - Hong Kong (not practising)
2012 - New South Wales, Australia (not practising)
2012 - Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia (not practising)
2012 - New Zealand
陈婉殷律师 (Florence)的执业领域涵盖各种企业融资交易，尤其集中于首次公开发行（包括香港、台湾地区、伦敦及美国证券交易所等）、上市前新股认购投资、并购和收购、私募股权投资和一般公司及商业事务等项目提供法律服务。Florence 亦有就特殊目的收购公司(SPAC)在美国上市提供离岸法律意见相关的丰富经验。Florence也是奥杰跨范畴私募股权团队的成员，尤其擅长就下游公司业务事宜(包括收购、投资和融资)提供法律服务。
Florence 于2005年获得澳大利亞墨尔本大学的法学学士（荣誉毕业）和商业双学士学位。陈律师获法律杂志《The Legal 500 Asia Pacific》（2014年版本）的推荐。
为RRJ Capital对总部位于新加坡的 Fullerton Healthcare Corporation Limited ，以开曼群岛法定合并的方式进行资本重组融资合并担任开曼群岛法律顾问
为由德弘资本（DCP）、鸥翎投资（Ocean Link）和前程无忧CEO甄荣辉先生组成的买方财团与前程无忧(51job, Inc.）就前程无忧价值约 57亿美元私有化提供开曼法律意见
为RVAC Medicines Pte. Ltd，一家在新加坡孵化的新兴信使核糖核酸（mRNA）平台公司的投资者之一就RVAC的B轮融资提供开曼法律意见，该B轮融资共筹集资金1.4亿美元
为美国纳斯达克上市公司欢聚集团（JOYY Inc.）担任开曼群岛法律顾问，协助其以约36亿美元价格向百度出售其中国的YY 直播业务
为美国纳斯达克上市公司斗鱼（DouYu International Holdings Limited）与虎牙（HUYA Inc.）100 亿美元之合并提供开曼法律意见
为如涵控股有限公司（Ruhnn Holding Limited）在纳斯达克1.25 亿美元美国存托股份之首次公开发行以及随后其三位创始人约 1.7亿美元私有化项目提供开曼法律意见
为Virax Biolabs Group Limited，一家为新型冠状病毒病提供诊断测试，个人防护装备和测试套件的英国公司在纳斯达克首次公开招股项目提供开曼法律意见（NASDAQ:VRAX）。
为美华国际医疗科技有限公司（Meihua International Medical Technologies Co., Ltd），一家在中国设立运营子公司的I, II和III类可弃置医疗器械生产商在纳斯达克首次公开招股项目提供开曼法律意见（NASDAQ:MHUA）
为天美生物有限公司（Bon Natural Life Limited）在纳斯达克首次公开招股项目提供开曼法律意见。Bon Natural Life Limited是天然、健康和个人护理行业领先的生物成分解决方案供应商之一（NASDAQ: BON）
为Elite Education Group International Limited, 一家为有兴趣在美国和其它国家留学的中国大学生提供全面、一站式教育解决方案的供应商在纳斯达克首次公开招股项目提供BVI 法律意见（NASDAQ: EEIQ）
为华迪国际集团股份公司（Huadi International Group Co., Ltd），一家中国领先的工业不锈钢无缝管材产品开发商和制造商在纳斯达克首次公开招股项目提供开曼法律意见（NASDAQ: HUDI）
为TenX Keane Acquisition特殊目的收购公司在纳斯达克6600万美元首次公开招股项目提供开曼法律意见
为Kairous Acquisition Corp Limited特殊目的收购公司在纳斯达克7500万美元首次公开招股项目提供开曼法律意见
为HHG Capital Corporation 特殊目的收购公司在纳斯达克5750 万美元首次公开招股项目提供BVI法律意见
为Nova Vision Acquisition Corp 特殊目的收购公司在纳斯达克5750 万美元首次公开招股项目提供BVI法律意见