Hélène worked for major international firms before joining Ogier's Luxembourg team in 2019, and is admitted in Paris (non-practising) as well as Luxembourg.
She advises clients ranging from operational companies with international exposure, major private equity firms, investment funds and real estate investment managers, to smaller investment houses and local or international entrepreneurs.
Hélène advises on all aspects of corporate, commercial and contractual litigation law and, in particular, has extensive experience in shareholder disputes (in pre-litigation and litigation contexts), directors' liabilities, local acquisitions and post-acquisition litigation, commercial leases, enforcement proceedings, debt recovery, and restructuring and corporate recovery.
Hélène Arvis is also part of Ogier's multi-disciplinary Private Equity team. She is regularly involved in M&A and real estate transactions, including pre-transactional legal due diligence reviews, as well as intragroup and external financing, group restructurings and cross-border transactions. Her achievements include working on the implementation of a MIP program for a London-based private equity firm focusing on middle-market companies and on the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of a Portuguese specialised investment bank, sold by the US international family of insurance and reinsurance companies, focused on life insurance and annuities for one of the world's leading private equity investment groups investing in companies across different global sectors.
She regularly speaks at conferences and writes on corporate law for law journals as below:
- La cession de contrat en droit luxembourgeois, note sous la Cour d'Appel de Luxembourg du 4 mars 2009, revue Internationale du Droit des Affaires
- Le régime général de responsabilité civile des dirigeants de sociétés commerciales au Luxembourg, revue Internationale du Droit des Affaires
- La nullité des délibérations des assemblées générales dans la jurisprudence luxembourgeoise, revue Internationale du Droit des Affaires
- L'exécution forcée des accords extrastatutaires entre actionnaires en droit luxembourgeois, revue Internationale du Droit des Affaires
- Regards croisés sur la réforme de la loi du 10 août 1915 sur les sociétés commerciales, revue ACE
- La loi de 1915 et le droit des obligations ruptures et réconciliations, Wolters Kluwer, publishing company
She holds a master's degree in Business Law from the University of Aix Marseille III and an LLM in Commercial Law from the University of Glasgow.
Hélène is fluent in French and English and has a good knowledge of Luxembourgish.
2010 - Luxembourg
2008 - Paris