Rachael's recent cases include:
- Advising the Joint Provisional Liquidators on the restructuring of Ocean Rig - the Cayman Islands' largest ever successful restructuring and one of the largest globally. The restructuring became effective within 6 months of the appointment of the JPLs, and resulted in an exchange by creditors of approximately $3.7 billion of debt for new equity. Rachael provided expert evidence on Cayman law in the associated Chapter 15 proceedings in the US.
- Acting for the liquidators of Ardent, having represented the petitioning directors in the winding up proceedings. She successfully appeared on behalf of the liquidators in an anti- suit injunction following hostile, incompatible action taken by creditors in another jurisdiction. The case involves Chapter 15 proceedings, asset tracing and fraud claims.
- Advising investors in relation to the Abraaj Holdings collapse.
- Acting in a clawback claim against a fund manager for Ennismore Fund Management. Ogier acted for the successful Defendant through to final appeal. The matter was ultimately decided by the UK Privy Council. Ogier is now instructed in relation to ancillary claims relating to an injunction which Ennismore obtained in 2009.
- Acting for a service provider in proceedings related to the liquidation of the Platinum funds, involving Cayman and Chapter 15 proceedings.
- Acting for the Executors of estates worth c.75m in issues arising in the administration – including construction dispute, tax issues and disclosure applications.
Rachael joined Ogier in 2007 and became a Partner in 2013. Prior to this, Rachael practised at Clyde & Co. in London and at the English Bar. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence from Oxford University in the United Kingdom in 1998 and completed the Bar Vocational Course at the Inns of Court School of Law, London in 1999.
She is a contributing author to International Asset Tracing in Insolvency, Oxford University Press, 2010. Rachael is a member of the Cayman Islands Legal Practitioners Association and the Bar of England and Wales.
Rachael was named Offshore Litigator of the Year at the Citywealth IFC Awards 2020.
2007 - Cayman Islands
1999 - England and Wales (non practising)