Sarah is part of Ogier's multi-disciplinary Private Equity team. She specialises in wide range of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, structuring and restructuring of international transactions, with experience in acquisitions and disposals of real estate by private equity real estate funds. Her achievements include working on the recent take private of Inmarsat and the structuring of the investment of a London based private equity player in certain European aircraft assets.
Before joining Ogier in 2019, Sarah worked as legal counsel in the Luxembourg office of a European investment management firm, active in real estate and private equity and previously gained litigation experience as a lawyer admitted to the bar in Antwerp, Belgium, focusing on commercial law matters.
She holds a degree in master of law from the University of Leuven in Belgium and obtained an advanced master in transport and maritime law from the University of Antwerp also in Belgium.
Sarah is a native speaker Dutch and German and is fluent in English and French.
Sarah's recent work highlights include:
- Downstream Corporate advisory – acquisitions and exits
- Acquisitions and disposals made by private equity funds, including the structuring of vehicles for these purposes.
- Establishment, structuring and regulation of corporate acquisition stack structures
- Acquisitions and disposals of real estate by private equity real estate funds.
- Investment and shareholder agreements, bespoke articles of association and completion mechanics, including dealing with management interests (roll ups) and equity funding
- Registered office and corporate administration services
- Sale processes including population of data rooms and preparation of vendor due diligence reports
- Advice in relation to shareholder and investor disputes
- Restructuring and Corporate Recovery
- Restructuring advice to creditors, shareholders and other stakeholders of distressed funds and portfolio companies
2008 - Antwerp (Belgium)