- +87 new Guernsey and non-Guernsey funds approved by the GFSC, December 2017 to December 2018
- £281.7bn total NAV as at end of December 2018
- 143 non-Guernsey open-ended funds as at end of December 2018
- 813 Total Guernsey funds as at end of December 2018
- The Guernsey Green Fund is the world’s first regulated green investment fund product
- +29.6% total NAV growth in the value of closed-ended funds in Guernsey, December 2013 to December 2018
- Data from the London Stock Exchange to the end of January 2019 shows that Guernsey is home to more non-UK incorporated companies listed on the LSE than any other jurisdiction globally
- All Guernsey funds are eligible to be marketed into the European Union under AIFMD
When you set up a Guernsey fund you need highly skilled legal advisors who are technical experts, responsive, supportive and commercially minded.
Our specialist, partner-led teams operate across the full spectrum of structures and their regulatory and commercial requirements.
With the support of our experienced fund finance and dispute resolution specialists we provide a one-stop-shop for the full funds lifecycle ranging from fund formation, structuring, regulation, corporate governance and investor disputes through to management of liquidity and business interruptions, strategic investor arrangements and wind-down and termination situations.
We advise on closed and open ended vehicles of all types and regulatory category, as well as all nature of structures, including non-cellular and cellular companies, limited partnerships, limited liability partnership and unit trusts.
Our experience includes master and feeder structures, principal investment and co-investment vehicles, as well as unlisted and listed vehicles.
We advise on general partners, private fund structures, carried interest structures and structures for the principles standing behind certain promoters, as well as private friends and family arrangements.
We also assist fund managers in relation to relocation to Guernsey, including advising on licensing issues.
We advise on funds listed on stock exchanges such as the London Stock Exchange including the Main Market, AIM and the Specialist Fund Segment, The International Securities Exchange (TISE), Euronext Netherlands, as well as structures listed on other European and non-European exchanges.
We advise in respect of:
- Private Equity
- Listed Funds
- Real Estate
- Green/Sustainable Funds
- ESG Investment
- Fund-like structures
We advise on the full fund lifecycle, including:
- Fund Formation
- Structuring Advice
- Carried Interest Structures
- Co-investment structures
- Managed Accounts
About our team:
- Regional/Offshore Law Firm of the Year, Legal Business Awards 2019
- Ogier's Guernsey Corporate, Finance and Investment Funds teams are ranked in tier one by IFLR
- Offshore Law Firm of the Year, Chambers Europe 2018
- One of 31 global Firms to Watch, IFLR 2018
- International Law Firm Legal Week Innovation Awards 2018