The climate emergency means we must take action, now. Ogier is embedding environmental sustainability within its business at every level. Our focus is on continual improvement through setting challenging targets, allocating the right resources and approaching decisions and activities with a sustainability mindset. This policy sets out Ogier's approach to improving its environmental performance beyond its legal obligations and will be updated as we develop our approach to environmental sustainability.
Ogier is committed to being proactive and accountable – and reducing greenhouse gas emissions is its first priority. We will:
- Take practical steps to reduce our carbon footprint, sourcing renewable energy for our electricity requirements where possible, investing resources and leveraging our expertise to explore innovative solutions and to educate, encourage and support an acceleration of the global transition to net-zero.
- Make a public commitment by joining the Net Zero Lawyers Alliance and Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) and commit to reducing our Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 50% by 2030, setting a net-zero target as a business globally and committing to targets locally where relevant.
- While we work to achieve our emissions reduction target, and to actively contribute to the global net-zero goal we will support climate projects by purchasing high-quality carbon credits to the equivalent of our carbon emissions.
Where we have control and influence, we will minimise the negative impact of our business and our personal activity on the environment. We will:
- Procure environmentally friendly products and services and work with suppliers to source and develop innovative solutions together.
- Dispose of waste responsibly and reduce waste generation through reuse and recycling.
- Minimise pollution arising from our activities.
As a business we will embrace the challenge of making positive change and inspiring our people, clients, and business and industry partners to do the same. We will:
- Raise awareness, empower and inspire our people and communities to take action through education, knowledge sharing and pro bono work.
- Monitor our performance and review our approach frequently and publish our progress annually.
- Develop and deliver sustainable investing and ESG services to support our clients to address a range of ESG and impact challenges and opportunities.