Alan’s practice focuses on the establishment and structuring of open-ended funds and closed-ended funds covering a wide range of strategies, including private equity, venture capital, buyout, pre-IPO, cornerstone and IPO investments, credit, and real estate, as well as their regulatory compliance and downstream transactions. He has also advised on various corporate finance matters, including IPOs, M&A, and debt and equity capital market transactions.
Alan is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong (non-practising). Before joining Ogier, Alan worked as an associate in Jones Day, where he focused on capital market transactions, including advising on Hong Kong IPOs, takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity fund-raising and other general corporate matters, and advising private equity funds and multinational clients on their cross-border investments.
Alan is part of Ogier's multi-disciplinary Private Equity team. He specialises in (a) fund formation and capital raising, including (i) structuring advice and fund formation; (ii) advising on, and forming, co-investment vehicles, AIVs, parallel funds, employee incentive schemes; (iii) advising on ongoing fund operation (including regulatory compliance); (iv) LP advisory services, and (b) downstream corporate advisory work. His achievements (including his experience prior to joining Ogier) include:
- Advising a HNW client on the establishment of a Cayman Islands investment fund to act as a joint venture partner with one of the largest private equity investors in Asia-Pacific for their US$300 million take-private of a medical diagnostics company listed on the Taipei Exchange
- Advising one of Asia's leading investment firms on its subscription of high-yield bonds and warrants of a company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advising a leading European-Asian private equity firm focused on industrial and medical technology investments in the European and North American mid-market on its various downstream acquisitions and exits
- Assisting Cybernaut New Frontier with the launch of a US$300m Cayman Islands venture fund targeting AI and fintech start-ups in China
- Assisting various private equity firms based in China with the launch of their first USD-denominated private equity fund based in Cayman
- Assisting Hammer Capital with its launch of Hammer Capital Opportunities Fund L.P., a member of an investor consortium with Tencent Holdings (HKSE: 700) in the US$1.1 billion take-private of Bitauto Holdings Limited (NYSE: BITA)
- Assisting ORI Capital with the launch of ORI Healthcare Fund II, its second healthcare-centered venture capital fund with a target close of US$400 million
- Assisting one of the largest independent financial groups in Asia with the launch of a Cayman Islands US$200 million private equity fund focusing on growth stage entities engaged in TMT, healthcare and consumer sectors in China
- Assisting a leading Chinese venture capital firm with the launch of a Cayman Islands investment fund focusing on transformative agrifood technology
- Assisting various institutional clients with the launch of Cayman Islands investment funds focusing on IPO subscriptions
- Assisting a venture capital firm focused on the healthcare industry on the launch of a Cayman Islands investment fund for subscribing high-yield debenture issued by a company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Assisting various private equity firms with the formation of employee incentive schemes and carried interest plans using the Cayman LLC structure
Alan obtained his LL.M (Corporate Law) degree from the London School of Economics and Political Science in 2014, and his LL.B degree from The University of Hong Kong in 2012.
Alan speaks fluent Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
2016 – Hong Kong (non-practising)
黄伟麟为奥杰跨范畴私募股权团队的成员。他擅长于(a) 基金设立和集资，包括：(i) 架构建议和基金设立；(ii) 协助成立共同投资载体、替代投资载体（AIV）、平行基金、员工激励计划；(iii) 就基金持续运作（包括监管合规）提供意见；(iv) 就有限合伙人（LP）的投资提供意见；及(b) 就投资基金的下游公司业务事宜提供意见。他的成就（包括加入奥杰之前的经验）包括：
- 为Cybernaut New Frontier设立3亿美元的开曼群岛创投基金，该基金将专注投资位于中国的人工智能和金融科技初创企业
- 为黑马资本设立Hammer Capital Opportunities Fund LP，作为与腾讯控股（香港联交所：700）成立的投资者财团成员，以对易车控股有限责任公司（纽约证券交易所：BITA）提出私有化，该私有化总值11亿美元
- 为新元资本设立ORI Healthcare Fund II，该基金为新元资本的第二支康健护理创投基金，意向规模为4亿美元
2016 – 香港（非执业）