Fund formation and capital raising
- Structuring advice and fund formation
- Advising on, and forming, co-investment vehicles, AIVs, parallel funds, employee incentive schemes.
- Side letter negotiation
- Advising on ongoing fund operation, including regulatory compliance
- Advising on LP interest transfers
- AML and AEOI advisory services, preparation of requisite compliance manuals
- Establishing and advising management and advisory structures including GPs, special limited partners, carry vehicles and employee participation vehicles
- Advice in relation to economic substance and AIFMD considerations
- LP advisory services
- Advising on term extensions, wind-down and termination.
- Advice in relation to subscription credit and capital call facilities entered into by funds
- Advice in relation to hybrid and net asset value credit facilities entered into by funds
- Advice in connection with guarantees and other indebtedness incurred by funds, including guarantees and credit support offered in support of loans made to portfolio companies
- Advice in connection with general partner or management lines of credit, including assignments of management fee income
- Advice in relation to the listing of private equity investments
- Acting as sponsor in respect of listing notes on The International Stock Exchange (TISE), Cayman Stock Exchange (CSX) and the Luxembourg Bourse Euro MTF market to take advantage of Eurobond exemption
- Advising on borrowing and guaranteeing provisions in fund constitutional documents as well as ability to grant security
- Advising financial institutions and private equity sponsors on leveraged buyout and acquisition financing transactions
Downstream Corporate Advisory - Acquisitions
- Acquisitions and disposals made by private equity funds, including the structuring of vehicles for these purposes.
- Establishment, structuring and regulation of corporate acquisition stack structures
- Acquisitions and disposals of real estate by private equity real estate funds.
- Investment and shareholder agreements, bespoke articles of association and completion mechanics, including dealing with management interests (roll ups) and equity funding
- Existing or new employee incentive plans
- Registered office and corporate administration services
Downstream Corporate Advisory - Exit Phase
- Exit of investments through IPOs on all international stock exchanges, including LSE, NYSE, NASDAQ, Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Euronext
- Sale processes including population of data rooms and preparation of vendor due diligence reports
- Advice in relation to shareholder and investor disputes
- Unfair prejudice and derivative/double-derivative actions
- Advice in relation to, and assisting, activist shareholders
- Claims against fund service providers including directors, managers, investment advisors, custodians and auditors
Restructuring and Recovery
- Restructuring advice to creditors, shareholders and other stakeholders of distressed funds and portfolio companies
- Advice in relation to enforcement options for creditors
- Advice to insolvency office holders, directors and shareholders of distressed funds and portfolio companies
ESG and Impact
Developing a PE approach to ESG and Impact should start with understanding sustainability priorities and goals, investment philosophy and risk/return appetite. Many fund managers keen to adopt an ESG focus often trip at this first step and feel confused by the myriad of terms and strategies. We help PE funds identify where they sit on the ESG and Impact spectrum by mapping risk, return and impact profile structure.
Our services include
- Market benchmarking
- Regulatory scan
- Fund's impact strategy and approach
- Investment sourcing and impact diligence
- Impact portfolio monitoring and management
- Impact report drafting
With legal and regulatory requirements continuing to expand for Private Equity, Ogier Global provides expertise in all areas of corporate administration and compliance to manage the continually evolving landscape. Our team is commercially focused, focused on finding the right balance between good corporate governance and operational efficiency.
- Independent Directors, from our dedicated group of experienced professionals offering a wide variety of skill sets to meet your needs.
- AEOI services (including FATCA and CRS)
- AML Officers (Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), Deputy MLRO (DMLRO) and AML Compliance Officer (AMLCO))
- AML online training, covering the required training modules relating to anti-money laundering, countering terrorist financing, and countering proliferation financing (AML/CTF/CPF).
- Board Support Services, comprising full company secretarial and board support services, to reduce the administrative burdens of conducting board meetings for clients.
- Economic substance solutions to assist clients in meeting their regulatory obligations.
- Registered Office services, ensuring all statutory requirements are met across jurisdictions.